Senior Buyers (Hybrid)
Hybrid working. Minimum days in the office would be 2. We are flexible with what days the candidate would like to work in the office / at home.
Our client is part of Harvard Bioscience (HBIO), a global business providing life science, laboratory apparatus worldwide.
This role will be part of the Supply Chain Function, is based in Waterbeach (Cambridge), and will report to the Supply Chain Initiatives Manager -Europe.
To ensure items are purchased in line with business requirements as defined by MRP and other systems. Review suppliers and systems to ensure continually improved value proposition for the business.
Transact all products and materials required for both existing and new product ranges, along with all non-inventory purchases required for the smooth running of the UK business.
Developing and maintaining KPI's for UK Purchasing. Support other entities within the HBIO group to develop best practice and value.
Requirement of Our Senior Buyer
- Prior purchasing experience, with abilities, skills and knowledge that support essential job duties.
- Sound working knowledge of MRP systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to effectively work with different disciplines to achieve team goals.
- Ability to work effectively, meet position goals, with minimum supervision.
- Strong, demonstrable negotiating skills, and comprehensive understanding of cost comparison models
- Demonstrable / Proven ability of forming and maintaining successful supplier relationships.
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills, able to rationally determine the best course of action.
- Proven abilities in quantitative analysis - for use as it relates to suppliers, spend, inventory, and other critical supply chain elements.
- Proficient with MS Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Word
- Customer focused approach, always ensuring maximum business value, including quality, service and cost parameters meet requirements.
Responsibilities of Our Senior Buyer
- Manage and maintain current MRP system with current and accurate data.
- Ensure material and product requirements are met through effective procurement processes and best practices.
- Develop and manage shortage report and expediting processes to ensure the timely arrival of products and material to meet business requirements; mitigate and remedy gaps.
- Control and analyse inventory to meet company inventory requirements.
- Manage costs of material and products to ensure best value to the business.
- Develop strong working relationships, set expectations and objectives with all suppliers, and manage supplier contracts and all other purchasing requirements.
- Assist in the development and implementation of effective Lean practices and processes.
- Use effective vendor rating and performance management systems to improve supplier performance.
- Ensure all purchase orders are complete and accurate and always reflect supplier commitments.
- Ensure all item master data elements are accurate - reviewed periodically and updated in a timely manner. Actively manage data governance to maintain system accuracy.
- Support achieving best value for the business on all indirect procurement requirements.
- Champion best Procurement practices to ensure standard processes are in place, understood, and utilized by all team members.
- Participate in the successful completion of business audits. Ensure non-conformances are minimised, and corrective and preventive actions are implemented.
- Be aware of, and support the role out of One HBIO philosophy and Supply Chain Plan
- CIPS Qualified to Level 5
- Prior experience in purchasing various commodities including chemicals and electronics.
- Experience with Lean and Six Sigma
- At least 5 years' experience in a Purchasing Position
Hours: Monday to Friday - 37.5 days a week.
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Health & wellbeing programme
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay