Finance Executive (part-time Hybrid)
Finance Executive (part-time/Hybrid)
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/08503
Salary: £26000 pro rata
Location: Fulbourn (moving to Fenstanton/St Ives area 2023)
Type: Permanent Hybrid after training. Part time
Our client based in Fulbourn, are designers and manufacturers of industrial vacuum cleaners for customers worldwide.
Running a small, but busy finance department.
Reporting to the Managing Director. 50% office, 50% home. So, 2 days at home, 2 days in office.
- Processing sales ledger - emailing sales invoices to customers, posting sales invoices and payments to customer accounts; emailing statements to customers
- Processing purchase ledger - posting purchase invoices to supplier accounts, making BACS payments to suppliers, dealing with purchase disputes, chasing up unfulfilled purchase orders with suppliers
- Processing payroll - processing payroll on a monthly basis; making BACS payments to employees; making PAYE and NIC payments to HMRC; Processing automatic enrolment pension payments through NEST
- Administering the pension scheme - administering the Company's automatic enrolment pension scheme through NEST; responsible for re-enrolment and implementing opt-outs, opt-ins, and changes as per current legislation
- Managing aged debtors - monitoring aged debtors; processing aged debtors through the company's debt recovery scheme
- Banking - reconciling the bank accounts on a daily basis; arranging for cheques to be paid in; managing and reconciling the petty cash; reconciling expenditure on company credit cards; updating exchange rates to Sage 200.
- Administering all aspects of the company's tax: reconciling and filing quarterly VAT returns through MTD; filing monthly PAYE and NIC returns through RTI; Ensuring corporation tax and Class 1 National Insurance liabilities are paid as required.
- Administering a USA-based branch of the business: raising purchase orders and sales invoices using Xero cloud-based accounting; filing state and federal annual returns to the appropriate US agencies; ensuring insurance and business services are renewed and updated as required.
- Liaising with the Company's accountants over annual returns, P60s, P11Ds and corporation tax
- Stock valuation: Preparing and reporting annual stock take
- Monthly reporting - preparing monthly financial reports for the Board of Directors
Measures of performance
- Aged debtors - age and size of debts minimised
- Supplier payments - managing cashflow to ensure all suppliers are paid as per their terms
- Sales ledger, bank and purchase ledgers reconciled in a timely manner
- Payroll completed on time and accurately
- Sound knowledge of financial control in a small company
- Must be confident in administering financial ledgers in a small company. Accuracy and ability to spot/rectify mistakes are essential.
- Excellent numerical and financial analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work accurately and methodically
- Identify, plan, and implement ideas for efficiency savings in the Finance Department or companywide.
- Competent in using MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- AAT, ACCA or qualified by experience
- GCSE English Language and Mathematics, grade C/5 (or equivalent)
- Managing sales, purchase, and nominal ledgers through Sage 200 (or similar financial package)
- Processing payroll through Brightpay (or similar payroll package)
- Administering pensions through NEST
- 27 days' holiday pa, including bank/statutory holidays. (Based on 4 working days per week)
- Company-wide profit-share scheme
- Death-in-service cover
- Corporate vouchers for eye tests, contributions to corrective eyewear (where required) and annual corporate flu vaccination vouchers
- Hybrid home/office working considered
Hours: 22-24 hours per week (days and times flexible by agreement) -would someone who wants school hours. Monday - Thursday 9 till 3. Hybrid role - 50% office, 50% home. So, 2 days at home, 2 days in office.