Meyer Scott Ref: VR/08855
Salary: £40K - £50K (dependant upon experience)
Location: St. Ives
Our client is a manufacturing business dealing with several sectors including aerospace and automotive. As an engineering business they offer an integrated end-to-end service.
They are recruiting for CAD/NC Programmer to join the team.
- A hands-on Supervisor role managing one other person, who's primary role is to run the machines.
- This new role will require mainly someone to programme for the machine and run the machine if required.
- Assist with scheduling of the work with support from the management.
- There may be a need to assist with CAD, using Rhino Cam.
- Programming using Rhino CAM. Although they now also have Mastercam.
- Using 3 machines: an ARES CMS 5 axis router (running Fanuc software), a Multicam 5 axis router (running OSAI software) and a Dekel FP5 4 axis milling machine (running Dialog software)
- A time-served person is preferred.
- There may be a need to produce block ups for the machine and surface the machined components (off the machines).
- The successful candidate will be trained to support laser scanning of the machined tooling/components.
- Materials to be machined include Carbon, glass reinforced plastic, aluminium, foam, Perspex, nylon, tooling block.
- Global machine tooling and components for the defence, aerospace, marine and renewables sectors.
Hours: Monday to Friday - core hours can be either: 7.00am till 4.30 or 8.00am till 5.00