Meyer Scott Ref: VR/08544
Salary: Starting at £21,300 per annum
Location: Swavesey (occasional travel)
Our client develops, manufactures, and supplies electronic monitoring equipment to various industries including the gas industry. Their instruments monitor over 20,000 emission sources worldwide across a broad range of industries.
The role of Production Technician is to assemble company products to a high quality. The role will enable production of world class products building on the companies UK's award-winning reputation. Manufacturing a range of industrial pollution monitoring devices at their Cambridge site which are sold throughout the world.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Assembly of company Products in accordance with the relevant documentation.
- You will be wiring, soldering, drilling, tapping, crimping etc.
- Work with Stores, Production, Test and Production Engineering teams to maintain high quality standards and meet the production schedule in an effective manner.
- Assist throughout the production areas and provide a flexible approach to production support with a focus on Assembly.
- Mechanical Assembly according with technical drawings and BOMs.
- Providing feedback to improve quality and product build.
- Provide the necessary information to support supplier returns of faulty products.
- Provide technical feedback to help improve product Quality and support process improvements and cost reduction.
- Provide regular feedback to managers.
- Occasional travel may be required to perform duties
Experience and desired skills required:
- Mechanical assembly experience.
- Experience of working with technical drawings and BOMs
- Experience of the following (essential): wiring, soldering, drilling, tapping, crimping etc.
- Electronics background useful but not essential.
- Previous exposure to a production/test environment.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Reading of mechanical drawings and wiring diagrams
- 8% Company pension
- Sick Pay
- Private Medical insurance
- Life Assurance
- 27 Days annual leave
- Cycle scheme
Hours: Monday - Friday 07:00 - 15:00