Materials Control / Buyer
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/08466
Location: St Ives Cambridgeshire
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 per annum
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Materials Control/Buyer with a leading based Cambridgeshire Contract Electronics Manufacturer with established customer partnerships across a range of industry sectors.
Our client is accredited in Investors in People, ISO9001 and ISO140001.
Reporting directly to the Logistics Team Lead role you will have responsibility for undertaking a diverse range of purchasing and related administrative activities. You should bring a 'hands-on' approach to day-to-day activities across procurement, materials control, and stores.
- Analysis of supply vs demand utilising MRP & other reports to determine requirements with particular responsibility for electronic and electro-mechanical components used in the production facility.
- Support Quotes Lead to produce accurate material quotations to meet company & customers individual needs with recommendations for alternate options for cost savings, delivery improvement etc.
- Generation of purchase orders for materials and services, prioritising 'critical path' elements within budget and available on time to production thus ensuring quality, cost & delivery requirements are met.
- Continuously seek methods to reduce product costs and inventory levels within our clients KPI's whilst seeking improvements to material availability.
- Identify appropriate sources for specified materials/components.
- Actively seek to improve and develop our client's supplier base and identify new suppliers to ensure it continues to meet existing & new business requirements.
- Negotiate supply agreements to support customer and company demands with focus on Quality, Cost and Delivery
- Drive daily activities within purchasing including action MRP requirements and generating associated purchase orders.
- Support Quotes Lead to coordinate material quotations, costs, MOQ's and lead-times by liaising with colleagues, suppliers, and customers to ensure all requirements are fully understood whilst ensuring key supply chain issues are clearly communicated to relevant parties.
- Generate purchase orders for non-MRP goods and services, project, or ad-hoc demands with specific focus on improving Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- Liaise with the Logistics Lead and NPI team, advising them of any issues or delays that may impact customer requirements and delivery.
- Support vendor appraisals and rating activities.
- Place and progress purchase orders for goods and services to meet MRP schedule, project, or ad-hoc demands with specific focus on improving Cost, quality, and Delivery
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key suppliers.
- Attend weekly meetings, as and when required, to complement purchasing support to production and engineering teams in order to ensure timely delivery of material for production and customer needs.
- Report regularly to the Logistics Lead to highlight any problems or risk that could affect deliveries, quality, or profitability.
- Perform a variety of Purchasing and operations support administrative tasks as required e.g., Picklists, Route Cards, PCB labelling/barcoding, backflush of materials, maintaining KPI reports, ERP material adjustments, managing stock discrepancies and shortages etc.
- Participate in material control activities in order to ensure general material integrity, storage and availability as well as playing an active part in the annual cycle/stock-take count.
- Competent understanding of component identification and specification and experience working with ERP systems.
- Computer literate in all the basic packages, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, and database.
- Excellent attention to Detail.
- Ideally for someone with 2 years' experience in Electronics Manufacturing Industry or 5 years within Manufacturing
Hours: Standard hours to be agreed at interview with 8, 8.30 or 9 start.
Benefits: Free car park, pension which we contribute 3% and profit related bonus.