HR System Analyst
HR System Analyst
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/08519
Salary: £13.37 - £15.97 per hour
Location: Cambourne - Hybrid
Type: Temporary assignment up to September 2022 with potential to extend
This position is working for South Cambridgeshire District Council which is based in Cambourne. Reporting to the HR business Partner.
Key result areas / overview
To provide administrative and day-to-day support for the HR system and may also provide a first point of contact with staff, members and public and/or contact centre.
To provide solutions within the HR system to develop HR processes, to improve process, reduce waste.
To be the system administrator and liaise with the provider to find solutions to issues and support the HR Business Partner with upgrades and improvements to the system.
To work with the 3 Councils on the HR project to find solutions and identify improvements.
To support managers and the leadership team to provide Management information that supports development of the workforce.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the Council's operational HR service
- Act as an ambassador for the service ensuring that it is well respected and trusted as a business partner
- Ensure that other team members are alerted to any sensitive or serious employee relations or system/process issues as they arise
- Ensure effective communication between the HR service and departments and the payroll team
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the new HR system
Key responsibilities / specific duties
- Under the supervision of the HR Business partner assist in the delivery of an excellent HR service to the Council
- To be responsible to develop the system to enable all HR processes to be digitalised
- To support the development of new modules within the system to enhance the HR service provided
- Joint responsibility as system administrator to ensure all updates to the system are managed and processed with minimal disruption
- To provide effective Management information to managers and encourage and make sure managers utilise the reporting capabilities for themselves
- To provide advice and guidance on how the system operates and to demonstrate this to other HR staff, employees, managers, and support other Councils in the project
- To work with the HR team to resolve queries from staff, managers, and the HR team where the system is not operating effectively, to provide creative solutions and develop resolutions where necessary
- To liaise with the system provider to escalate issues and seek technical support when necessary
- To communicate new information to employees and manager in effective use of the system and provide user friendly guidance and virtual/face to face training where required
- To support the HR team to ensure that confidential data is stored securely using the security settings within the system
- Other duties as required within the scope of the Grade of the role to support the delivery of the HR function
Hours: Monday - Friday 37 hours per week.