Meyer Scott Ref: VR/08479
Salary: £30,000- £40,000 basic starting salary plus bonus
Location: St Ives, Cambridgeshire
An excellent opportunity working for an established St. Ives based company celebrating over twenty years in the worldwide gas analysis & detection industry. Their technical products are sold all around the world to companies of all sizes; many of whom are famous names.
We are looking for an Electronics Engineer to join their Research and Development team.
Our client are a small and friendly organisation of just over thirty people. This is a permanent office-based position 37.5 hours per week with flexible working hours. You will be responsible for the design and development of circuit boards needed for new gas analyser projects, as well as firmware coding of PICs using C language.
There is a strong emphasis on the firmware side of the work for this role. A Knowledge of EMC design and EMC testing is also preferred.
Key responsibilities and requirements are:
- Ability to write embedded C firmware for
- Microchip PIC
- EDA software experience (preferably Altium).
- Electronic design for EMC (and other regulatory requirements).
- Power and instrumentation electronic
- Hands on electronic test equipment design and
- Troubleshooting and fault finding at board
- Ability to work
- Familiarity with Microsoft office, in particular Excel and writing complex macros in
- Knowledge of comms
- Knowledge of SIL2 designs would be an advantage
- Having a small company background preferable, as more likely to be adaptable
You must be neat and tidy and have a highly organised approach to the task with the ability to work unsupervised as we operate an ISO09001:2015 Quality System audited by the British Standards.
It is likely you have been educated to A level or degree standard.
Benefits: They offer good pay and benefits including a very lucrative staff bonus scheme, workplace pension, as well as an excellent working environment maintained to the highest modern standards of Health and Safety.