Materials & Logistics Coordinator
Materials & Logistics Coordinator
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/08264
Location: St Ives
Salary: £10 per hour Temporary Assignment
This assignment is a minimum of a couple of months.
Our client is in the telecommunications industry. They cover the full network lifecycle delivering Managed Services and Projects for both fixed and mobile infrastructure networks across the operator and utility markets.
Our client is seeking experienced Materials & Logistics coordinator. The role of the coordinator, includes monitoring stock, calling kit off from suppliers and arranging the transport solutions to site across several projects and clients. The role is key in liaising with the co-ordination and administration of the network rollout activities of the Business unit.
The Materials & Logistics coordinator will use their excellent organisational skills to support the Logistic Manager in the management of the equipment hardware for projects. The successful candidate will be required to have strong database management skills and ideally experience within the Telecoms industry working with such systems as IFS and Track Trans. Warehouse experience would also be beneficial and good Microsoft suite knowledge is required, predominantly Excel. A working knowledge of SAP / Oracle would be an advantage.
Currently recruiting for a Logistics Coordinator to work as part of our Warehouse and Logistics team. This assignment is a minimum of a couple of months.
As a Logistics Coordinator, you will be responsible for all asset and inventory management and any associated order fulfilment.
Your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the day-to-day logistics coordination of projects allocated to you.
- Liaise closely with Project Managers to understand and action all logistical requirements.
- Ensure that all movements of stocks are adjusted on SAPS and any other customer logistics Information Systems (LOGIS) such as the OR system, KIMS in a timely manner.
- Ensure that project stock is clearly marked with Project Code and contents.
- Report project stock levels at intervals agreed by the Project Manager or Customer.
- Maintain the highest levels of husbandry, rubbish is to be cleared before leaving at the end of the day and pallets relocated on racking.
- Support the weekly/monthly/annual stocktaking programme as required and when requested by the Stocktaking Coordinator, the Warehouse Supervisor or Warehouse Manager
- Be cross trained in other warehouse functions as directed by the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Undertake such other duties or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the responsibility of this Role.
- Report any issues which prevent you from completing these tasks with the Warehouse Supervisor in the first instance or the Warehouse Manager.
- Stock management of third-party spares including forward spares location stock monitoring, ordering of spares from customers, managing delivery and invoicing of fulfilled orders.
- Stock management of all materials held on our SAP system.
- Placing stock orders.
- Managing hardware repairs by issuing RMA numbers and following up with the customer.
- Maintaining a database of all purchase pricing and supplier lead times
- Ensuring all tooling held is PAT tested and calibrated.
- Issuing PPE and corporate image wear.
- Efficient management of the mezzanine storage area.
- Assisting with stock checks as required.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- An understanding of logistics solutions.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Excellent administration background.
- Excellent organisational, written and communication skills.
- The ability to work to a high standard of accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency.
- The ability to schedule and plan activities whilst reaching deadlines.
- A positive approach to work.
- Self-motivated, flexible and an enthusiastic team player.
Working Hours: 9am - 5pm.