Warehouse Operatives/Stores Operative
For: Warehouse/Stores Operative
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/08232
Temp to Permanent
Location: Meldreth, Cambridgeshire
Our client are specialist manufacturers and suppliers of ESD Protection Products, EPA Products & Electronics manufacturing consumables tools.
They offer a wide range of Static Control Products, also known as Antistatic Products. These products are used to reduce or eliminate static electricity that is often generated when handling and processing ESDS (Electro Static Discharge Sensitive Devices) within the electronics manufacturing industry. They also offer a wide range of material handling, storage, packaging and more.
We are looking for an experienced Warehouse/Stores person to start immediately.
Our client only has a permanent pool of staff and this role is with the intention of going permanent after a probationary period.
Duties: To handle, on a day to day, professional basis, a number of specific tasks including: -
- Ensure good general housekeeping of Warehouse/Stores areas. This should include disposal of rubbish and sweeping the floors daily.
- To receive delivery of incoming goods and to check their content against supplier delivery notes and purchase orders in accordance with the company Quality System and then enter data onto Sage software.
- To pack and despatch in the agreed format and to check contents against despatch notes in accordance with the company Quality System.
- To accurately record and update stores information for stock control purposes in accordance with the company Quality System.
- To ensure correct distribution of incoming and outgoing paperwork relating to despatch, stock control, incoming goods, in accordance with the company Quality System, and to liaise with the accounts department wherever necessary.
- To organise couriers as and when required and to arrange collections and deliveries by the most appropriate method. This will include couriers such as UPS, TNT, Parcelforce, Longcrofts, etc.
- To perform a monthly stock check of 'raw materials' on the last working day of the month using the agreed Stock Return Sheet.
- To issue stock to production personnel against Works Orders.
- To be responsible for purchases against the Production/Warehouse 'Consumables List' on a weekly basis.
- To obtain Proof of Deliveries from couriers when required
- To advise customers when goods are ready to collect and ensure collections are made within a reasonable time.
- To recommend and instigate systems that may assist you in the above.
- To ensure that all projects assigned to you are carried out on time, within budget and to the highest quality.
- To report on any supplier/customer problems (whether potential or actual) immediately.
- To ensure the safety of both yourself and your colleagues at all times and to observe the company's guidelines and safety instructions in relation to health and safety.
- To attend training courses as and when required.
- To learn and utilise the office systems, such as telephone, fax and computers.
- To train other members or staff, as directed.
- To work within the company terms and conditions of employment.
Monday to Thursday 08.00 to 16.30 Fridays 08.00 to 16.00