Trainee Science Role (Microscope)
For: Lab Technician
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/08104
Location: Fenstanton (outskirts)
Salary: £17,000 - £17,500 p.a.
Our client is looking for an individual with an eye for detail and excellent verbal and written communication to join our team. Previous experience in a laboratory environment would be advantageous but definitely not essential as full training is provided.
The key thing with this role is that you absolutely must be fine with repetitive work where paying attention to detail is key.
Samples will be brought back from site for analyses using a microscope for identification. These fibers will be mounted on a slide for interrogation under a microscope and you will then accurately log your findings, enabling colleagues to prescribe the next course of action.
- Check the reports are technically accurate before being sent
- Liaise with site staff to assist in resolving any queries that may be identified when report checking
- Follow set procedures to accurately identify if asbestos is present within samples
- Accurately input sample information and analysis into our internal system
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and tidiness within the lab
- Manage own timescales effectively and prioritise
- Calibrate and maintain equipment as required
- Be involved in regular inspections to maintain our UKAS accreditations
- Work well as part of a wider team
- Assisting with administration tasks when required.
Due to the nature of the role and candidates successful in securing an interview will need to have a colour blindness test.
Grade C or above in GCSE (or equivalent) Math's and English as well as computer literate are essential. The role would be ideal for a recent school leaver who is looking for workplace training
This role is based outskirts of Fenstanton so a full clean driving license and access to own transport would be an advantage due to the office location.