Business Development Manager (Oil & Gas)
For: Business Development Manager (Oil & Gas)
Pay Rate: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/08006
Our client is seeking for a Business Development Manager to develop sales of their existing gas analyser range at new OEMs and in new markets reporting to the Sales & Marketing Director.
You will need to come from a scientific sales background, preferably Oil and Gas.
Working Primarily UK & Europe with some ROW. When the present Covid climate improves it is expected that a significant degree of domestic and international travel is required.
The this is a position of some responsibility our client is keen to attract candidates who's first response in communication is 'picking up the phone', old school but effective in building relationships with clients.
Develop and agree a new business plan and manage performance against it
Identify opportunities for their oxygen analysers products in new markets and, where appropriate, provide data to support new product development
Understand the size and structure of their oxygen analysers markets and identify the key target accounts.
Understand the needs of particular markets and tailor the businesses offering accordingly
Develop broad and deep relationships with key people in the key target accounts
Understand the needs of specific target accounts and develop an appropriate offering
Position and confirm the company to be the supplier of choice for specific target accounts' existing and new developments
Secure sales in accordance with the new business plan
Identify the need for marketing communications to support business development and secure appropriate support
Collect information about competitor activity and share this with colleagues
Customers, major accounts and OEMs
Measures of Performance
Total sales to new customers and in new markets
Gross margin from sales to new customers and in new markets
Strength of OEM relationships
Foreign language skill would be a huge advantage (e.g. French, Spanish German, Italian)
What our client is looking for in the right candidate:
- Knowledge of the Power Generation is an advantage
- A sound science background and interest in technology essential
- Willingness to learn about the complexities of our products
- The this is a position of some responsibility our client is keen to attract candidates who's first response in communication is 'picking up the phone', old school but effective in building relationships with clients.
- Must be able to make an immediate contribution to our client's success story
- Flexible approach to work
What our client can offer:
- Starting salary £40K - £45K
- Bonus scheme after twelve months' worth a minimum of £5K per annum (of course this is guaranteed and very dependent upon company performance)
- Friendly & clean work environment
- Flexible working times based on 37.5 hours per week
- 33 days paid holiday (this includes the Bank Holidays)
Due to allergies. This business would only consider non-smokers and non-vapers.