Meyer Scott Ref: VR/07936
Salary: £10.50 - £12.50 per hour
We are looking for experienced administrators to fulfil a combination of roles we believe will be in demand when things settle down. After 23 years in business Meyer-Scott has a large portfolio of local businesses, some of which have indicated that they will require temporary office workers to see them back on their feet before they are likely to hire on a permanent basis.
With that in mind we've decided to put a 'shout out' for candidates who have a sound accounting experience such as Accounts Assistance, Purchase Ledger, Payroll, Credit Control and Sales Ledger. If you are AAT qualified that is always popular with our clients.
Our roles are invariably based around Huntingdon, St Ives, Bar Hill, Swavesey, and surrounding villages. We deal with many businesses in these locations as well as local councils based in Cambourne, Huntingdon, St Ives and Cambridge.
If you are familiar with carrying some or all of these duties we'd like to hear from you.
- Purchase Ledger - Responsible for the authorisation of payment of invoices. Responsible for the coding and inputting supplier invoices. Dealing with supplier queries over the telephone
Statement Reconciliation. Nominal ledger - processing of journals.
- Sales Ledger - Preparing and sending out sales invoices. Allocation of incoming cash to invoices
- Processing refunds.
- Credit Control - Allocation of incoming cash to invoices. Chasing debtors by telephone, letter or fax. Production of age debtors list. Production of month end reports. Controlling 30, 60 and 90 day accounts
- Payroll - Weekly and salaried staff payment runs, Did you produce P60's, P11D's and P45's.?
Processing expenses and bonuses. Calculate sub-contractor wages?
You will be familiar with:
- Using Word and Excel to produce documentation.
- Good all round communication skills.
- Able to pay attention to detail.
- Some of the roles we attract have particularly busy/stressful periods
We are very much looking for candidates with a steady work history. Whilst clients like candidates to be available sooner rather than later many are happy to wait for notice periods to play out.
Hours vary: 9am - 5.30pm