Meyer Scott Ref: VR/07935
Salary: £9.50 - £11.00 per hour
We are looking for experienced administrators to fulfil a combination of roles we believe will be in demand when things settle down. After 23 years in business Meyer-Scott has a large portfolio of local businesses, some of which have indicated that they will require temporary office workers to see them back on their feet before they are likely to hire on a permanent basis.
With that in mind we've decided to put a 'shout out' for candidates who have a sound office experience and are out of work right now. We are very much looking for candidates with a steady work history, who are happy with full time temporary work and have their own transport.
Our roles are invariably based around Huntingdon, St Ives, Bar Hill, Swavesey, and surrounding villages. We deal with many businesses in these locations as well as local councils based in Cambourne, Huntingdon, St Ives and Cambridge.
- Dealing with enquiries over the telephone
- Ordering processing using various software
- Preparing & sending and following up on quotations
- Liaising with other departments such as despatch, accounts, purchasing and sales.
- Preparing and sending out invoices
- Updating website.
- Dealing with suppliers over the telephone
- Organising Couriers
- Purchasing supplies on behalf of the company
- Negotiating prices with suppliers
- Dealing with company car documentation
- Organising meetings, flights, accommodation and luncheons
- Reception Duties - meeting and greeting, dealing with the post, couriers, giving badges.
You will be familiar with:
- Using Word and Excel to produce documentation.
- Good all round communication skills.
- Able to pay attention to detail.
- Some of the roles we attract have particularly busy/stressful periods
Hours vary and usually start at 8.30 as the earliest start time we get, and 5.30pm as the latest most companies will work.