Energy & Sustainability Officer
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/07933
Energy & Sustainability Officer (Council)
Contract Length: 6 months from start date (PAYE via agency)
Grade F - GBP29,116
Working for the Huntingdonshire District Council you would be reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Energy & Sustainability Officer will be responsible for providing professional leadership and guidance on energy management and property related sustainability, especially in regard to energy contracts management, energy consumption, carbon emission and energy efficiency, so as to ensure the Councils activities are compliant, environmentally efficient and managed according to best practice.
The role will involve the developing and maintaining the Councils energy management system to include the identification and control of energy related aspects and impacts and the effective management of energy related risk.
The post holder will provide professional energy and sustainability advice and support the Council in respect of related energy compliance and management agendas and facilitate improvements in energy contracts performance/energy efficiency measures.
1. To lead on the monitoring and reporting on energy, carbon and water consumption and spend including detailed data/trend analysis, benchmarking, database management, utility contract administration and data/invoice validation of Council owned/managed sites with the assistance of the utility metering and monitoring system (currently Systems Link).
2. To support the Facilities Manager to ensure a high level of compliance for all regulations and legislative responsibilities associated with energy and property related sustainability including DECs, EPCs, MEES, HECA reporting etc.
3. To take the lead on, developing and managing the Councils energy and property related sustainability agenda taking the lead on promoting/implement initiatives which will help reducing consumption.
4. To take the lead on, developing and procuring contracts for supply of utility services/energy efficiency measures to Council owned/managed sites and to act as the Authorised Officer once contracts have been procured.
5. To be responsible for managing the Councils SALIX fund, and distribute it as necessary to gain maximum benefit in the form of efficiencies and/or reductions.
6. To identify and lead on energy, water and/or sustainability projects including developing business cases, funding applications, preparation of procurement documentation and project management as set in the Councils energy plans/Corporate Plan using grants or match funding such as SALIX whenever possible.
7. To be responsible for ensuring meter readings (and any other information requested) are submitted to Ofgem for the Feed-in Tariff (FiT) and Renewable Heat Incentre (RHI) schemes. To be responsible for invoicing suppliers for FiT and RHI.
8. To support the Facilities Manager in the management of Facilities Management and Energy budgets relating to the operational estate, proposing and implementing potential efficiency savings where possible.
9. To manage external consultants, suppliers and contractors to ensure necessary permits and access control are raised. Ensure there is minimum disruption to core activities and all H&S practices are always adhered to.
10. To carry out any other responsibilities that reasonably fall within the scope of the post holder and to assist with any reasonable duty at the request of the Facilities Manager.
Knowledge and Experience:
· SALIX fund experience would be preferable
· Suitable professional qualification/degree or equivalent experience in a similar role
· IOSH Working/Managing Safely Certificate
· Specialist knowledge of energy management, energy efficiencies and carbon reduction initiatives and technologies
· Specialist knowledge of contract management for commercial energy contracts
· Specialised knowledge and detailed understanding of key aspects of legislation related to energy and/or sustainability management
· Membership of an appropriate professional institute such IEMA or Energy Institute
· Project management qualification
· Knowledge of Measurement and Verification process for Council energy performance contracts
· Knowledge of preparing external funding bids
· NEBOSH Certificate
· Construction Design and Management Regs 2015 (CDM 2015)
More about the role:
· Willing to travel - occasional
· Willing to work bank holidays, weekends and/or unsocial hours - very occasional
· Required to lone work, and work in environments where H&S risks need to be assessed before entering - occasional
· Possess a high level of mental flexibility and focus to accommodate reactive work around planned work - occasional
· Possess a high level of concentration and awareness when carrying out site visits and audits, whilst maintaining a high level of safety - frequent
· Possess a high level of concentration and accuracy when analysing and manipulating technical/performance data for justification of potential energy/sustainability related changes/improvements - frequent
· Possess a high level of attention to detail when carrying out site visit/audits or signing off works - frequent
· Be able to manoeuvre Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to and from pool vehicle/personal vehicle to site location - occasional
· To be able to gain access and egress into/from areas via ladders lift hatches, scaffolding, looking beneath and behind fittings, fixtures and equipment - occasional
· To be able to work outside in all weather conditions - occasional