For: Buyer £27,300 p.a. Permanent - Bar Hill
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/07608
The purpose of this role is tomanage the supply of materials and finished goods to meet customer demand, maintain quality and optimise cost and cashflow, and assist the Purchasing Manager with all aspects of the Purchasing function for the Company’s business requirements. You will be reporting to the Purchasing Manager. This role could potentially become permanent for the right person.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage and optimise finished goods deliveries at agreed cost to support on-time delivery of products compatible with the Company’s quality objectives
- Create and maintain forecasts for purchasing, deliveries and supplier payments
- Prepare, place and monitor approved purchase orders for finished goods
- Determine method and co-ordinate shipment of finished materials from suppliers
- Ensure that at all times there is sufficient stock to meet demand whilst avoiding excessive stock levels and optimising cashflow
- Monitor deliveries of finished goods and keep relevant departments advised
- Place orders with approved suppliers for other required supplies ensuring items are delivered on time and purchased at the most competitive rates.
- Monitor delivery of orders and quality of goods received, and request credit notes for faulty goods received. Undertake annual quality and service reviews for all suppliers and maintain up-to-date supplier records.
- Negotiate quotations for all components and freight rates and schedule with forwarders
- Continuous sourcing of new suitable suppliers, mainly for components and freight.
- Monitor and coordinate scheduled and year end stock takes carried out by the Warehouse with input from the Sales Office, and prepare and finalise stock take valuations
- Goods delivery note processing in Sage and invoice verification in Sage.
- Update the Sage system when required, ensuring information relating to stock codes, descriptions, pricing and quantity is up to date and accurate.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager when required in liaising with finished goods suppliers.
- Ensure purchasing procedures are followed and necessary permissions are obtained for all purchases.
- Manage utilities contracts, source providers with the best service and prices.
- · Assist the Technical department to analyse bills of materials for existing and new products to check costs against the market and parts commonality.
Skills and experience:
- Must have experience working in a purchasing department
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Good negotiating skills
- Working knowledge with Sage system would be an advantage
- Knowledge/experience in electronic components would be an advantage
Knowledge of customs imports procedures would be an advantage
Work hours: 30 hours per week, must work on Monday and Friday but flexible on other days