For: Logistics Administrator - Over - Permanent - £18,000 - £21,000 pa
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/07553
Our client, who manufacture scientific equipment are based in a Cambridgeshire near the village of Fenstanton are able to offer free car parking and a smart working environment.
The focus of the role is to process and dispatch incoming orders and coordinate communication between the customer, sales team and manufacturing.
- Acknowledging the receipt of customer orders
- Entering customer orders and details onto the company database
- Assist the logistics team dispatch orders and manage incoming goods when required
- Updating customers on the status of their orders, particularly if there are delays or problems
- Managing the expectations of both customers and sales representatives with respect to delivery times
- Dealing with order enquires and issues from both the sales team and customers
- Perform other administrative tasks and duties as and when required
The role will not include answering and resolving technical issues on the products. These will be handled through technical enquires.
- To conform at all times to the Policies and Procedures of the Company, with particular regard to confidentiality, financial and administrative responsibilities
- To use and maintain Company equipment in accordance to the Company's SOPs and Health & Safety guidelines
- To observe the Health & Safety rules that apply to your employment and to work at all times in a safe and responsible manner
- To treat colleagues and visitors with dignity and respect at all times
- To undertake any other appropriate roles and responsibilities that reasonably fall within the role holder's skills and experience as requested.
- Strong IT skills including the use of Microsoft software packages essential
- Knowledge of Navision desirable but not essential
- Previous experience in either a Customer Services, Logistics or Administration would be desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Good phone manner
- Accurate record keeping and excellent eye for detail
- Dedicated team player
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet and exceed realistic set targets
- Flexible, enthusiastic, proactive and organised approach to work
Hours are Monday - Friday 9.30am to 6pm with 30mins for lunch.
Other benefits include private health insurance (including dental care), stakeholder pension, employee assistance programme, reduced gym membership, cycle to work scheme, life assurance, team building days, fresh fruit, shopping discount scheme.