For: Financial Analyst - 6 Month contract - Peterborough
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/07550 GBP27.00 ph
Our client is looking for a Financial Analyst for a 6 month duration in Peterborough. This person will be reporting directly into the Finance Director and will need to have around 5 years experience as a financial analyst. They need to be able to move data into meaningful analysis and information that they can interpret. This analysis will need to be communicated to people who are not working in Finance so good communication skills are required.
They are looking for someone that is able to hit the ground running.
Ideal start date would be early September.
Responsible for the preparation of complex and interpretive financial analyses and reports. Supports the annual budget process, expense and/or staffing forecasts and statistical reporting.
· Prepares complex financial analyses and reports for department management.
· Prepares analyses, reports, and special studies for management.
· Works with assigned organizational unit(s) to develop annual budgets, expense and staffing forecasts, and statistical reporting.
· Prepares statistical reporting, including financial performance, variance explanations, and cost analysis.
· Coaches less-experienced Financial Analysts.
· College, university, or equivalent degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required.
· Progress toward Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, Chartered Accountant or similar certification preferred.
Intermediate level of relevant professional work experience in the field of study required.
· Analytical mind
· Good communication skills
· Strong Excel skills
Working hours are 37.5 hours a week.