For: Resource Assistant - 3 months
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/07472
For: Resource Assistant - Cambourne - Temporary - £9.37 - £11.02 ph
This position is working for South Cambridgeshire District Council which is based in Cambourne near Cambridge, St Ives, and St Neots. Easily accessible by car or public transport. South Cambridgeshire District Council administers Bins, Council Tax, Benefits and Planning for the District.
Cambourne Business Park is a thriving working environment with award winning architecture, beautifully landscaped surroundings and impressive state of the art amenities which set this self-contained community apart from any other.
Eligibility to apply for a permanent role starts from day one! Many public sector organisations offer permanent contracts with flexible working hours. This could be an opportunity to start as a temporary worker, prove yourself and apply for permanent positions as they arise.
Key Responsibilities/specific duties:
- Reporting to the Resource Team Leader you will undertake a range of tasks that consist of a wide range of largely standardised work patterns. At times you may carry out a diverse range of duties supporting all sections and teams within H&ES whilst at other times you may be engaged in a narrower range of tasks dependent upon the service area being supported.
- Provide an exceptional information support service, across all service areas and/or within a specific section/team's specialism
- Provide an efficient and courteous first point of contact dealing with telephone, email and personal enquiries
- Process invoices for payment within agreed framework for guidance
- Assist in the provision of statistical/management/financial information/reports etc. as required
- Assist in the maintenance of filing systems and office records, both manual & computerised, including the retention and archiving of existing files and information as well as scanning/capturing new information as it is received on a daily basis.
- Provide an incoming/outgoing mail service
- Provide word processing, typing and tape transcription services
- Provide a photocopying/faxing service
- Maintain office stationery stocks
- Take minutes and write up meeting notes as required
General to all job descriptions
- All employees must have due regard to the Council's current Management Arrangements for Data Quality. All employees have a responsibility to ensure that the data they collect, manage and report, including data from third parties is accurate, valid, reliable, relevant, complete and produced in a timely fashion to aid sound decision making and that appropriate procedures, systems and processes are in place to provide quality data.
- Work in an internal and external customer related way in accordance with adopted procedures and good practice.
- Comply with the Council's Equal Opportunities policy, Code of Conduct and other relevant policy, procedures and legislation.
- Comply with and/or ensure compliance with the Council Data Protection Policies and the Data Protection Act and other relevant legislation.
- South Cambridgeshire District Council's Safety Policy and other safety procedures and guidelines are deemed part of this job description. Employees must look after their own health, safety and welfare and be mindful of other persons who may be affected by their acts. Employees must co-operate and comply with management instructions regarding Health and Safety issues and report all accidents, incidents and problems as soon as practicable to their supervisor, manager or other senior members of staff available.
- To be responsible for establishing safe systems of work for investigators and visiting officers, with specific reference to lone and out of hours working. To continually assess, manage and mitigate risk to employees in the area of fraud investigation work.
- South Cambridgeshire District Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all council employees and councillors to share this commitment.
- All staff, at every level, are often best placed to identify many of the risks faced by the Council and therefore have a responsibility to identify and minimise risk, including taking prompt remedial action on adverse events and near misses, when necessary, and reporting these, following Council policies and procedures designed to manage risk and maintaining a general level of risk awareness.
Essential criteria the candidate must possess;
- Good word and Excel skills
- Outlook experience
- Ability to multi task
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
Some previous busy officer experience would be helpful but tasks within the team are easy to learn and support would be provided.
Hours: Monday - Friday