For: Revenues Assistant - Temporary - £11.04 - £12.70 ph - Cambourne
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/07470
This position is working for South Cambridgeshire District Council which is based in Cambourne near Cambridge, St Ives, and St Neots. Easily accessible by car or public transport. South Cambridgeshire District Council administers Bins, Council Tax, Benefits and Planning for the District.
Cambourne Business Park is a thriving working environment with award winning architecture, beautifully landscaped surroundings and impressive state of the art amenities which set this self-contained community apart from any other.
Eligibility to apply for a permanent role starts from day one! Many public sector organisations offer permanent contracts with flexible working hours. This could be an opportunity to start as a temporary worker, prove yourself and apply for permanent positions as they arise.
- Maintain charge payers accounts and notify them of their liability to effect speedy and efficient collection of the Council's revenue.
- Issue final reminders and summonses in cases of non-payment.
- Negotiate with customers, arrangements to clear outstanding amounts and monitor these arrangements to facilitate efficient collection of arrears.
- Advise customers of their entitlement to all discounts and benefits that may be available to them to ensure the correct level of charge is being made.
- Liaise with Valuation Office Agency to ensure that all chargeable properties are entered into the Banding or Valuation lists.
- Periodically review all discounts awarded to check the validity of awards.
- Deal with enquiries by telephone, letter or in person as and when necessary within the Council's targets to meet the Council's published performance indicators.
- Work in an internal and external customer related way in accordance with adopted procedures and good practice.
- Assist in/manage the identification, development and implementation of Manual and Information Technology systems and procedures.
- Comply with the Council's Equal Opportunities policy, Code of Conduct and other relevant policy, procedures and legislation.
- Comply with and/or ensure compliance with the Council Data Protection Policies and the General Data Protection Regulations and other relevant legislation.
- South Cambridgeshire District Council's Safety Policy and other safety procedures and guidelines are deemed part of this job description. Employees must look after their own health, safety and welfare and be mindful of other persons who may be affected by their acts. Employees must co-operate and comply with management instructions regarding Health and Safety issues and report all accidents, incidents and problems as soon as practicable to their supervisor, manager or other senior members of staff available.
- The responsibilities outlined above cannot totally encompass or define all tasks which may be required of the postholder. The outline of responsibilities given above may, therefore, vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility or grade.
Essential criteria the temporary worker must possess to be selected for an interview:
- Experience in all aspects of CTAX administration up to summons stage.
- Previous experience of Civica Open Revs
Experience the temporary worker need to be successful in this role:
- At least 3 years in Council Tax creating and maintaining liabilities, discounts and disregards.
- At least 3 years use of Civica Open Revs - must have used within the last 12 months.
Any other information which would be useful for recruitment agencies to source suitable candidates:
- Use of Civica work flow would also be beneficial. This role will be within the office and the candidate would need to be able to deal with enquiries from the public both in person and on the telephone.
Monday to Friday - 9.00am - 5pm