Front End Web Developer
For: Front End Web Developer - Huntingdon - Permanent - £DOE
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/07416
Our client is an innovator of online managed content distribution and printing. Their global footprint and cloud-based platform provides customers with the simplest way to create, manage, and distribute content and materials they rely on to do business. The Company is the market leader in bespoke made-to-order student and teacher planners. Their ever-increasing product range has grown to encompass yearbooks and customised exercise books, and have expanded to Germany and the USA, offering exciting new employment opportunities. New territories are coming soon.
Benefits include a learning & development programme and progressive career opportunities, childcare subsidy, discounted gym membership, flexible working hours, and discounts at shops and restaurants nationwide.
The position is ideal for a proven front-end web developer/designer that is ready to take ownership of several websites, working with product developers and the marketing team. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in marketing and SEO, and be aware of web technology trends and eager to apply the latest tools and techniques to enable an engaging experience for customers and prospects while driving marketing leads and e-commerce.
- Creating the look, layout, features and code of our websites and implement in a way which maximises leads and conversions
- Working with designers and copywriters as necessary
- Monitor and report on website performance, including optimisation, usability and performance
- Liaise with external agencies as required
Full product training will be provided.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years front end development experience with a proven track record in building and maintaining sites that deliver a great user experience.
- Must be highly organised.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- An eye for design is an advantage.
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding of SEO principles
- Experience with graphic design applications such as Adobe Photoshop or Sketch
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with PHP and LAMP stack a plus
- Experience with Wordpress platform a plus
- Experience with Webflow platform a plus
- Experience with project management tools and methodology an advantage
Working hours are Monday to Friday - 37.5 hour week (must be able to cover the following shift patterns that would cover the hours of 08.00 am - 17.00 pm).