For: Mechanical Engineer
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/07296
Location : Upwood
GBP24 - 30 k per annum
Our client has earned a strong heritage of manufacturing goods for the logistic industry. However the last 2 years have seen impressive growth in terms of capability and now have the potential to produce in the order of 200,000 pallets a week from strategically located sites providing national coverage.
They are currently looking for a 2 Mechanical Engineers to join them on a permanent basis at their site in Upwood near Ramsey.
Reporting to - Storti Supervisor
To ensure that the Storti Machines are performing efficiently, effectively operating at its optimum level at all times
· Machine utilisation and productivity (to include downtime, set ups & run rates) to ensure that the optimum level is reached and output maximised
· First line repairs of the machine
Key Goals & Values:
· Family values - respect for all colleagues
· Empowered workforce, contributing with their brains as well as their hands
· Development of ethos of self-managed teams
· Hard working ethos - every second counts
Responsibilities and Accountabilities: General
· To undertake all tasks delegated to you by the Management Team.
· To support your Machine Shop teams with the manufacture of a wide spectrum of products to ensure that the company are able, as a business, to deliver an effective and efficient service to all customers and provide them with the products that they require on time and in full.
· To adhere to our Health and Safety Procedures and Policies at all times in order to maintain the required high safety standards, which includes wearing your Personal Protective Equipment when stipulated, and to ensure that your team adhere to these. In particular, given the nature of your role, you must report any health & safety incident, accident, near miss or potential hazard without fail to your line manager or, in their absence, to our Health & Safety Manager.
· To ensure that you behave in accordance with Company Values.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities: People
Responsibilities and Accountabilities: Engineering
· To identify any concerns with process equipment and liaise with fellow members of Engineering Team to remedy these if you are unable to repair yourself. Details of all engineering concerns must be placed on the Progress Board on the machine and documented on an EWR.
· To ensure that machine breakdowns are handled with high levels of urgency, both within your team and with engineering resources. You should liase with the Engineering Team either in person or by contacting them using your radio to communicate updates.
Due to the nature and rarity of the machines used on this site, the company in question do not expect somebody to be familiar with them and will offer training on the finer points of how they operate via liasing with your follow engineers. What they require is people whom have a good grounding in mechanical engineering, looking to progress within a role and who has no issue picking up principles that will be relayed during the early stages of your employment in regards to the anomilies of these machines in comparison to more standard equipment.
Working hours - 1 x 06.00-14.00 and 14.00-22.00 Mon-Fri on a rotating shift
1 x Permanent nights 22.00-06.00 (shift premium will be paid on to p of salary above)