Deputy Warehouse Manager
For: Deputy Warehouse Manager - St Neots - £25,000 - £30,000 pa - Permanent
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/07266
An excellent opportunity has arisen with an established Service and Engineering company near St Neots for a resourceful and attentive employee looking for career progression over time.
The candidate will be a results focused, service driven logistical professional whose primary task will be to assist the General Manager with the day to day running of warehouse and workshop activities including the following Key Tasks:
- General warehouse activities to include the maintaining of appropriate stock levels use of a SAGE Stock Control system, packing, scheduling of deliveries & collections plus preparation of invoices, despatch notes & carriage labels.
- Scheduling of workshop activities (transmission rebuilds).
- Scheduling of service support to OEM's.
- General purchasing activities.
- Management of new sales enquiries (with assistance)
- To make deliveries to customers as and when required.
- To cover the General Manager in his absence.
- To support the service engineering team.
- To be a key holder of the facility and ensure security of the premises when required.
The role will involve written and telephone communication with customers, suppliers & colleagues at all levels up to Company Directors.
Excellent communication skills and an appropriate telephone manner are therefore essential, as is experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook) and SAGE Stock Control
Flexibility and an ability to adapt to change will be required due the nature of working within a small dedicated team.
Full UK driving license is essential.
At least 5 years of experience within a warehouse and / or service engineering environment essential.
Flexi forklift license an advantage.
Working hours: Monday to Thursday 8am-4.30pm with 30 mins lunch & 8am-1pm Friday