For: Despatch Operative
Location : Bar Hill
Salary GBP18500per annum (pro rata)
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/06838
Our client, a large manufacturing company based in Bar Hill are looking for an a Despatch Operative to join them on a permanent., the purpose of the role is to provide a proactive service within dispatch to meet the needs of their internal and external customers,ensuring quality and service levels are met within the required timescales.
· Process orders for shipping, providing accurate documentation in accordance with relevant legislation, customer and carrier requirements.
· Receive and book goods in to correct locations in an accurate and timely manner, liasing with intercompany and planning terms for any discrepancies or quality issues.
· Process, pick and pack orders for machines, spares and ink in an accurate and timely manner in order to achieve on time delivery targets.
· Maintain stock to agreed levels and ensure accuracy through regular counts.
· Investigate stock discrepancies and provide feedback and actions to improve service.
· Ensure accurate and timely data capture, through scanning and desktop systems
· Undertake all tasks as required in accordance with standard Company working practices and quality procedure.
· Maintain the highest standard of housekeeping in all areas.
· Ensure health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
· Carry out any other reasonable duty as requested by the despatch co-ordinator.
Education and training:
· Good standard of education (GCSE OR Equivalent)
· Counterbalance forklift licence would be advantageous but not essential
· Current clean driving licence advantageous but again not essential
· Experience in a similar environment
· Basic understanding of spreadsheet/stock control system
· Basic understanding of Aviation security and recognition of potential issues with shipments
· Basic computer/IT Literacy
· Attention to detail
· Work successfully to hit delivery targets
· Ability to work to essential quality standards
· Ability to work with minimal supervision upon completion of training
Working hours are either -
07.30-15.30 Mon-Thu (Finishing 15.00 pm on Friday) or
08.00-16.00 Mon-Thu (Finishing 15.30 pm on Friday)
Should you secure a permanent contract with this client you can expect the following, where eligible::
25 days holidays plus Bank Holidays. (These rise to 30 days over a period of time)
· Purchasing Holiday plus scheme subject to approval by Manager.
· Sports and Social Club
· Subsidized restaurant on site offering excellent value breakfasts, morning and afternoon snacks and a range of hot and cold choices for lunch.
· Bonus and commission schemes.