Contracts Administrator ( 4 weeks)
For: Contracts Administrator - ( 4 weeks) - Cambourne
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/06859
Pay rate: GBP12.30 - GBP14.73
Our client is the Cambridgeshire County Council and they are there to serve the community representing 59 electoral divisions.
Meyer-Scott service many areas of the Council providing them with a multitude of skills sets working in various business units including Roads and pathways, Schools and so forth across Cambridgeshire based offices in the local area including Cambridge and Huntingdon.
Modern fully functioning offices, often with flexible working hours.
Eligibility to apply for a permanent role starts from day one. Many public sector organisations offer permanent contracts with flexible working hours. This could be an opportunity to start as a temporary worker, prove yourself and apply for permanent positions as they arise.
Dimensions of Job
To act as the hub of the contract. Responsible for providing effective contract support to the contracts manager and team. To monitor that contracts are being adhered to, that orders are being raised and processed in accordance with procedure. To raise specific orders and process when required. Co-ordinate work to ensure that all appropriate paperwork and certifications are received and appropriate consultations are undertaken. Attending site/core meetings and taking minutes.
Key Responsibilities/Specific Duties:
· To efficiently and effectively provide administrative contract support to the team
· To ensure that IT databases are kept up to date through inputting and ensuring linkage with other databases
· To ensure that all safety certification is received from contractors in accordance with regulations
· To respond to queries from tenants, staff and elected members
· Setting up and servicing all contract meetings as requested.
· To administer the contracts lone worker policy for the team and on a rota basis with the department
· To have a thorough overview of all areas of the work the team undertakes
· To have a full understanding of how the work relates to other teams and the wider housing service
· To be knowledgeable in the legislation relevant to the contract team
· To chase up works orders with contractors
· To provide performance reports when requested
· To support the work the Councils Housing Department is doing to reduce carbon emission
· Supporting the Councils Business Efficiency Programme and supporting a paperless office policy.
· To assist the Head of Housing and Property Services in compiling Portfolio Holder and Committee reports as necessary regarding the service area, including service performance, and preparing regulatory returns.
· Undertake all duties in line with SCDCs legal responsibilities, regulatory and statutory requirements, vision and core values and its policies and action plans, including Health and Safety, Risk Management and Equality and Diversity. This includes adhering to your responsibilities under these polices and assisting in identifying and managing risks.
· To undertake any other duties as requested provided they are within professional capabilities and relate to area or responsibility.
· To support your personal professional development by attending training and learning events as required.
· Commitment to partnership working and building new relationships.
· Take responsibility and be accountable for decisions made.
· Drive to deliver a service that focusses on the needs of residents.
· Develop and manage a dynamic team that places the aims of the Council at the heart of service delivery.
· Be open, honest and approachable.
· Deliver a professional service and act with integrity at all times.
· Commitment to continuous personal learning and development.
· Be flexible and responsive and bring forward new ideas and opportunities as they arise.
· To professionally represent the Council and champion the commitment to innovation.
· A minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent, including Maths and English.
· A formal education qualification or equivalent proven relevant experience/ability.
· Proven knowledge and understanding of housing and land matters.
· Organising and minute taking at multi-agency and contract meetings.
· Filing and inputting electronic data accurately.
· Experience of working in the housing environment social or private.
Skills And Abilities
· Ability to effectively manage time to work over a diverse range of activities.
· Ability assimilate complex data in a changing environment and transfer it into practical work streams to meet requirements and support the team.
· Ability to prioritise work load, complete tasks to meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills - the ability to communicate clearly, orally and in writing, to all levels and to be a great ambassador.
· Ability travel around to meetings and appointments.
· Commitment to further training.
Work hours: 37 hours per week - flexible