Purchasing Manager - working from home
For: Operations Manager - Peterborough - GBP30,000 - GBP36,000 - WORKING FROM HOME
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/06740
Our client is an International Manufacturing company looking for a motivated, conscientious and flexible team player to join their Sales Department on a full time working from home basis. They are passionate about Customer Service and pride themselves on delivering a first class service to their growing customer base. You must possess first rate communication skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships. This is a home based role and involves close liaison with the customers and internal departments on a daily basis.
Our client is looking for a motivated, conscientious and flexible team player to join our operations department. Candidates must possess first rate communication skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships. This role involves close liaison with our customers and internal departments on a daily basis. Also a blend of working from own initiative combined with working towards business goals and objectives as directed by management.
Duties to Include:
· Full understanding of all company procedures and requirements ( training will be provided).
· Good standard of numeracy and literacy.
· Excellent communication skills with all employees and customers.
· Excellent product knowledge (training wil be provided)
· Team player.
· To attend training sessions and sales meetings.
· To prioritize and organize daily tasks.
· Excellent phone manner.
· Excellent customer skills.
Duties will include:
· Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower the cost of doing business.
· Manage the companys day to day purchasing activities and ensure that all manufacturers are meeting their performance targets.
· Assist in developing more effective manufacturers invoicing and collecting process.
· Management and planning of all incoming and outgoing goods, including 3rd party goods.
· Management of stock purchases, delivery times and transport costs.
· Implementing of new processes and systems to support logistic and dispatch requirements.
· Liaising and negotiating with suppliers.
· Development and improvement of existing and new supplier contracts.
· Drive significant value into the business through strategic, robust procurement plans.
· Develop strong relationships with key suppliers, leveraging spend to achieve best value.
· Actively measure, manage and improve vendor - sub contractor performances working with suppliers to investigate cost improvements.
· Negotiate improved quality, lead times, prices and payment terms to maximize value to the business.
· Obtain quotes and continue to negotiate prices as appropriate.
· Manage supplier quality ensuring root cause analysis and corrective actions are completed.
· Introduce and champion continuous improvements across planning, procurement and supply chain functions.
· Previous purchase experience in supply chain management.
· Proven track record in engineering products commodities purchasing.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· To have strong commercial and negotiation skills, ideally gained within engineering.
· Be a creative problem solver.
· Previous experience working in a dispatch environment preferably in a worldwide operation controlling incoming goods and outgoing dispatches.