Travel Consultant - Full or Part Time
For: Travel Consultant - Full or Part Time - Bury St Edmunds - Perm - GBP14,500 pro rata
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/06850
Our client are an independently owned travel company that has been operating locally for 80 years and currently employs in the region of 230 staff, half of which have been with the company for over 10 years - which is a testimony to how they treat their staff!
The business is the tour operation side of the business which specialises in putting together bespoke tailor-made holidays to a wide range of destinations including the Channel Islands, Far East, Middle East, Southern Africa, Indian Ocean, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand which are sold largely through all Travel Agencies across the UK but also directly to the public.
We are looking for an experienced Travel Agent with a minimum of one years experience, a real team player and someone who loves dealing with customers face to face and working to sales targets.
Key skills required are:
· A passion for travel
· Enjoy working to sales and profit targets
· Ability to interact, communicate and negotiate effectively with clients face to face and over the telephone
· Have excellent organizational skills, a keen eye for detail and be comfortable with multi-tasking
· Be able to remain calm when dealing with any problems or complaints
· Like working under your own initiative and as part of a team
· Personal travel experience an advantage
About Staff Benefits
· Excellent staff travel rates
· Friendly working environment
· Numerous social events
· Pension scheme
· Overseas educational travel opportunities
Permanent, Full-Time or part-time (minimum 3 days per week)
Mon to Fri 9am to 5.30pm, Sat 9am to 5pm (minimum one Sat off pcm, when working a Saturday you have a day off during that week), closed on Sundays
Salary: from GBP14,500 (dependent on experience) + incentives, commission and bonuses (average seller =GBP2,700, top seller = GBP5k on top of basic salary)