Corporate Tax Senior
For: Corporate Tax Senior, Peterborough, salary doe
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/06393
This company are a firm of chartered accountants, tax and business advisers, who partner with entrepreneurs and individuals interested in profitable growth.
have supported this practice for some time and can vouch for their passion for seeing people succeed - having placed people and seeing them prosper.
Who wouldnt want to work for an Accountancy practice who are continually ranked Top 20 UK Accountancy Firm? Scroll to the bottom of this advertisement to see the generous benefits associated with working for this firm. They are currently recruiting for a Corporate Tax Senior to work with a wide variety of clients, in their Peterborough office.
This role will give you responsibility to effectively manage and carry out the production of corporate tax returns and computations for various stakeholders such as Partners/Directors/Senior Managers/Managers or own portfolio.
This position will also support in the delivery of the tax compliance function and ensuring efficient production and quality levels are met.
· Request information from client
· Work through the information and assess the tax impact of each piece of information
· Prepare and generate tax returns using tax software
· Send chasing letters to client if required, address any queries
· Prepare letter to client, detailing liabilities and any tax saving opportunities
· Draft letter for review and make any necessary changes (where appropriate)
· Send letter and tax return to client for signature; log information sent and submit to HMRC
· Liaise with HMRC on clients behalf
· Inform client of tax liabilities; agree these to HMRC statement on account
· Prepare client bill (where appropriate)
· Coach junior staff on work delegated
· Identify tax planning opportunities as appropriate
· Assist on consultancy projects (where required)
· Carry out research projects (where appropriate)
· Other responsibilities
· Regularly update your knowledge via Tax section on the Intranet
· Positive involvement with tax advisory work relevant to your skill level
· Preferably ATT qualified
· Varied, practical and technical tax knowledge, minimum 2 years practical experience of corporate tax matters
· Experience of supervising and coaching more junior team members
· Basic accounts knowledge
· IT packages (MS Excel & Word, tax software)
· Commercial awareness / client focus
· Ability to work well under pressure and achieve challenging deadlines
· Be positive and committed to MHA MacIntyre Hudson in dealings with both clients and the team.
· Genuine Work Life balance
· Accredited Investor in People
· New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
· 33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days
· Very competitive salary
· Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
· Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to GBP4000 for a successful referral
· Free Parking onsite