Adminsitrator - Environmental Services
This position is working for South Cambridgeshire District Council, based at their Waterbeach site. Easily accessible by car or public transport. South Cambridgeshire District Council administers Bins, Council Tax, Benefits and Planning for the District.
Eligibility to apply for a permanent role starts from day one! Many public sector organisations offer permanent contracts with flexible working hours. This could be an opportunity to start as a temporary worker, prove yourself and apply for permanent positions as they arise.
Tasked with undertaking a range of duties in support of a busy department:
· Provide an efficient and courteous first point of contact dealing with telephone, email and personal enquiries.
· Process invoices for payment within agreed timeframes.
· Assist with the provision of statistical information as required.
· Update and maintain records, both electronic and hard copy, including the retention and archiving of existing files and information.
· Scanning documents received.
· Dealing with incoming and outgoing post to the department.
· Typing documents and correspondence.
Candidates will be a team player who demonstrates a keen eye for details and a can-do pro-active approach. Previous experience of customer service is required for this role as are good PC skills including Word and Excel.
37.5 hours per week - FLEXI HOURS OFFERED